[OT] Dark Star (1974) - the platinum age of movies

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Fri Sep 3 07:51:15 PDT 2010

On 03/09/10 23:38, BCS wrote:
> Venison makes really bad beef. And as long as you expect it to tates
> like beef it will taste bad. Same goes for most anything, if you think
> it's something it's not, you'll think it's a bad example of what it's not.

It's rather serendipitous that you say that as I recall a past
experience.

Long time ago a girlfriend once asked if I would like a coffee to
which I said yes.  Five minutes later she came back with the
hot beverage in a cup which I then sipped and almost spit out.
This was such horrid coffee.

She thought she would delight me by bringing chicken noodle soup
instead.  However as I was expecting the taste of coffee it tasted
bloody aweful. Once she explained that she was trying to
delight me with something a little different for the winter's day
and then I re-tasted it, with the knowledge of chicken soup in
mind, it was very in fact very nice.

Thirty years later I still remember what horrid coffee it was
but what nice chicken soup it was also once I knew it was chicken
soup.  Crazy our minds can be!!!

Cheers
Justin Johansson