Logger For D Design Doc

BCS none at anon.com
Mon Sep 6 12:05:29 PDT 2010

Hello sybrandy,

> Hello,
>
> As promised, I took some time to create a small document (just a text
> file) to describe a potential logger for D.  Glog was a major
> influence on how the design turned out, though there are some
> differences.
>
> Please note it's not a 100% solution yet.  Hopefully this is closer to
> what Andrei is looking for.  All I ask is that those that are
> interested in this please take your time when looking this over before
> responding and please do ask questions, comments, etc.
>
> Thanks and enjoy!
>
> Casey

With regards to timestamps, why not record the timestamp at the time the
logging call is made and format it later? I would place most of the overhead
in the writer thread while avoiding the issue of time stamps not reflecting
the calls to the log functions. BTW, having the lines in the log file out
of order is a minor issue to me. Having the time stamps not be guaranteed
to be in the order that the log statement are called would be a major flaw.

--
... <IXOYE><