[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

domino effect at sitemine.org
Tue Sep 7 13:23:25 PDT 2010

Walter Bright Wrote:

> domino wrote:
> > Ordinary man cannot have 5 TB of data because ALL standard movie/audio
> > CD/DVD/Bluray/HD-DVD discs have DRM copy protection.
>
> CDs are not copy protected.

False.

I have 10--20 discs with cactus data protection. Two with sony bmg rootkit protection system. And several with mediamax protection. At least the cactus shit is annoying. They corrupted the audio on purpose and it's audible even with a legal authentic cd audio player. If you place these discs in a standard PC cd/dvd drive, it just spins and spins and spins and spins and the OS either hangs or refuses to open the cd tray. I'm 100% sure you are not allowed to break these.