[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Wed Sep 8 19:40:25 PDT 2010

Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:15:15 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> retard wrote:
>> You must be young then. I got my first CD-ROM drive with my Pentium 75.
>> The first 1x external CD-ROM drives were pretty expensive. I think one
>> used to cost around $600..800.
>
> Eh, my first CD-ROM drive was $1100 or so.

Was it that expensive? Anyway, the world has changed so much. You can
probably find a decent dvd+rw drive for $30 or $40 now. My original point
was that people like us who listened to CDs in the 80's quite likely
still possess real hi-fi cd players or integrated cd/amp/tuner systems.
These systems are unaffected by the cd copy protection methods.