[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Sep 8 20:15:01 PDT 2010

retard wrote:
> I doubt they have any power to fight the record company in these kinds of
> issues. A friend of a friend signed a deal with a record company owned by
> a multinational mother record company. Now they are told where to play
> concerts, how the cd distribution is organized, and when they are
> supposed to release the next two albums. That's like slavery.

To put it mildly, to say such a thing is like slavery is patently absurd.
Contract or no, a record company cannot make you do anything, regardless of what
you signed. (Sign a contract with the military, however, and they *can* make you.)

Secondly, people ought to read contracts before they sign them. It's their own
fault if they don't. Contracts with children aren't legally binding because
children are not considered legally competent. Adults are.

Third, record company contracts are well known and you can google them. There's
no reason anyone should be surprised.

> Another thing is, I doubt the degraded audio quality matters as much as
> the pesky DRM protection scheme. I once had few of these sony key2audio
> (iirc) discs. They refused to play on windows so I just made an illegal
> copy for backup purposes and used that instead. There are far worse
> things than CD DRM systems decreasing the audio quality, e.g. the
> loudness war, the audio artefacts in mp3 distributions, and terrible
> (it's subjective) effects like autotune in modern pop music..

I always get the old versions of CDs before they were remastered :-) as I don't
care for the audio leveling.