[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 04:19:36 PDT 2010

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:05:45 -0400, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:

> "Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
> news:i69fr8$2cbt$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>
>> In introducing such subtle distortion, Metallica runs the risk of being
>> labeled a band with lousy sound.
>
> IIRC, A lot of Metallica fans felt they had started putting out "lousy
> sound" back around the "Load" and "Reload" albums. And that was before CD
> DRM.

Load was the beginning of the downhill slide.  There are a couple alright
songs, but all albums before that were filled with good songs.  Reload was
utter crap (Unforgiven 2?  Really!???).  St. Anger I never really liked,
although I've heard that some people like it.  It's not my style, but you
can't really say it was Metallica "selling out".

Death Magnetic is a complete return to their original style.  I feel some
of the solos are rehashed, but there is a lot of good stuff on there.

-Steve