[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Sep 9 12:53:55 PDT 2010

"BCS" <none at anon.com> wrote in message
news:a6268ff1bcc78cd1e04645018c2 at news.digitalmars.com...
> Hello Nick,
>
>> I've always been unclear on what that is. Is that where they make the
>> volume-level relatively consistent? (If so, then I wish the DVD
>> companies would start doing it. I hate when I have to turn the volume
>> *waaay* up just to hear the dialog and then *waaay* down again to not
>> bust my eardrums as soon as music or sound effects come on. And then
>> tough shit whenever a character talks during an action scene. Never
>> had to deal with that crap on VHS.)
>>

> Subtitles, man. Subtitles. Heck, even at the right volume, I still can't
> understand what they are saying(/mumbleing) some of the time. (And my
> hearing is just fine.)

Heh, yea I've actually ended up doing that suprisingly often (but then
sometimes discs with english audio will lack english subtitles which is
annoying). It's pretty sad when a native english speaker with perfectly
normal hearing has to turn on subtitles just to know what they're saying in
an english audio track.