[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Sep 9 13:05:34 PDT 2010

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:op.viri2yp3eav7ka at localhost.localdomain...
> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:05:45 -0400, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
>
>> "Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
>> news:i69fr8$2cbt$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> In introducing such subtle distortion, Metallica runs the risk of being
>>> labeled a band with lousy sound.
>>
>> IIRC, A lot of Metallica fans felt they had started putting out "lousy
>> sound" back around the "Load" and "Reload" albums. And that was before CD
>> DRM.
>
> Load was the beginning of the downhill slide.  There are a couple alright
> songs, but all albums before that were filled with good songs.  Reload was
> utter crap (Unforgiven 2?  Really!???).  St. Anger I never really liked,
> although I've heard that some people like it.

I was avoiding stating my own Metallica opinions, but now that you mention
it, that's exactly how I feel (and yea, I have heard a lot of other people
say Load was the start of a downfall). I did kind of like "Until it Sleeps"
and maybe one other (forget what), but yea, most of Load/Reload I just never
got into. "Black album" was filed with good stuff, and I never understood
people that said "St. Anger" was a return to Metallica's former glory. Just
sounded like noise to me, and I'm a big metal fan!

Speaking of all this, am I correct in my understanding that Load was right
after Megadeth split off? (And that "black album" was right before?)