[Really OT] Metallica

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Sep 9 14:02:36 PDT 2010

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:op.vir8rzjeeav7ka at localhost.localdomain...

> As Daniel wrote, Mustane left before Kill 'em All (their first album), but
> his name is listed as the one of the authors for many of those songs.
>
> If you are looking for "what was the trigger that started making Metallica
> suck", it was that James Hetfield kind of let some of the other band
> members take the creative wheel.  Before that, Hetfield was basically the
> main writer, and was in charge of what made it into songs.

Ahh, I had it completely wrong then :)

> The alright songs from Load: Bleeding me, 2x4, King nothing, Hero of the
> day.
>
> At least IMO :)  I didn't really like Until it Sleeps.
>
> But, they are still my favorite band of all time.

There has been a fair amount of Metallica I've liked, but ever since the
PR-fiasco back around the time of Napster I haven't been able to bring
myself to listen to them anymore. *Not* out of deliberate spite or
difference-of-opinion, but I just have trouble seeing them the same way
anymore. I dunno...

But like I said in another branch, I'm more a Megadeth kinda guy anyway.
Mainly the albums "Countdown to Extinction" and (other Megadeth fans are
probably gonna lynch me for saying this) "Cryptic Writings". Although
they're still not one of my favorite bands. Those would be more like Iron
Maiden (mainly the newer stuff, but also Powerslave and Seventh Son),
earlier Nine Inch Nails (With Teeth and Year Zero weren't bad, but they were
the beginning of a downfall), KMFDM (both old- and new-style), and My Life
With The Thrill Kill Kult. (And yea, a lot of that's not really metal.)