One more update on d-programming-language.org

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Thu Sep 9 23:06:57 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 19:07 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> http://d-programming-language.org
>
>  From David Gileadi: the annoying Google Translate bar behavior on
> browsers with other languages has been fixed, the behavior when
> shrinking and growing the window size has been improved, the Reddit
> button is gone, and a few styles were changed.
>
> Could have sworn I sent this already, it just disappeared.

Using Epiphany on Ubuntu Lucid at around 2010-09-10 06:50+01:00, I get
the home page as shown in the attached
d-programming-language.org_top.png.  The "Translate this page"/"Select
Language" widget and the "Entire D 2.0 Site" widget really do make the
site look ugly.

Is there an intention to add other languages to the table at
http://d-programming-language.org/comparison.html -- currently it seems
odd that only D is present.

The Google adverts at the foot of each page need to have some font
sizing/scaling applied, currently they look seriously ugly which has the
effect of ensuring that anything advertised is something I shall avoid
-- i.e. it is anti-advertising. See attached
d-programming-language.org_bottom.png.

The "Downloads & Tools" menu item is a call out to a different website
with a different style, this needs to be flagged so as to avoid surprise
on the part of the user.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk