One more update on d-programming-language.org

David Gileadi gileadis at NSPMgmail.com
Fri Sep 10 10:51:27 PDT 2010

On 9/10/10 10:20 AM, Stewart Gordon wrote:
> I see the spacing around code blocks seems to have been reduced.  Either
> that or it just doesn't seem too big now. But are you going to do
> anything about the other issues I raised on 3 Sep?

Reposting those suggestions, responses inline:

> Nice design on the whole.  A few issues:
>
> 1. Too much space above and below code and BNF blocks.
>
> 2. In a few places, the bullet points look a little too spaced out.
I decreased the list spacing a bit, but don't want to decrease it
further.  Some lists like those on
http://d-programming-language.org/overview.html have wrapped text, and I
prefer the spacing between the bulleted paragraphs.  If there is a
strong consensus against my preference I'll change it :)

> 3. No consistency in whether indentation in BNF is with a tab character, four spaces or eight spaces.
>
> 4. Tab characters in pre blocks ought to be avoided, as they aren't guaranteed to display the same for everybody, and it also encourages bad practice if you use half-tabs like that.
I have mostly been avoiding changing the content, and I consider
tabs/spaces in BNF blocks to be content, not styling.

> 5. It would be nice if you ran it through a validator.
>
> http://validator.w3.org/
>
> or if you want to check the whole site
>
> http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/
I made a couple of changes based on validation but there are obviously
lots to do.  It's honestly not very high on my priority list.