Bizprac database.. Urgent

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Fri Sep 10 11:44:52 PDT 2010

On 2010-09-09 21:56:28 +0200, Daniel Gibson said:

> "Reichsteslaspulen aktivieren!" "Achtung!"
>
> definitely imperative.

You have a missplacement bug here:

"ACHTUNG!" always comes first in German. It's to waken everyone up,
reset the brain-memory, leveling the hearing and push up your Adrenalin
level. Then comes the clear, short and to the point imperative Ansage:
"Alle Java Programmierer haben sofort den Raum zu verlassen!"

Important here is, that the statement makes absolutly clear: I'm not
going to discuss this with anyone.

And, there is a different version (no version modifier available):

"AAAAACHTUUUUNG!" is a famous one. But for this you need a rythm based
compiler to get the real effect. Impotant here is, that the Konsonanten
are spoken hard and short. It's like getting a slap in the neck. Than
it's perfect.

> There are a lot of different kinds of beer in germany that might help.

Yes, sometimes it helps.

> Linking is done via Schuhplattler though.

:-) That was a good one but it only supports regional linking.

The standard German way of linking is again (what a surprise)  a good
use of Imperativ on a group of things. Also known as the "1000 Mann und
1 Befehl" pattern.

Just my 0,02 EUR

--
Robert M. Münch