Well, it's been a total failure

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 07:56:30 PDT 2010

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 21:53:06 -0400, BCS <none at anon.com> wrote:

> Hello chmod+x,
>
>> Another source of misery are the contents of the dmd zip file. Every
>> time you need to set +x flag for the executable. This is so
>> ridiculous. Does the Creator accept one bit binary patches to the
>> distributions to make the solution a reality? It's open source:
>>  unzip dmdzip.zip
>> chmod +x executables
>> zip -r dmdzip *
>>

> IIRC the .zip is created on a windows box so that doesn't exactly work.
> :(

I have written this script to aid in my installation of different dmd
versions, and it's made it much less unpleasant.  Because in addition to
the chmod+x, it always unpacks into dmd2, which may not be where you want
to put it.  It installs dmd version X into the directory ~/dmd-X and
automatically chmods the exes.  It assumes your files all download into
the ~/Download directory.  It also will list all dmd versions you have
downloaded if you don't specify a version.

#!/bin/sh

if [ -z "$1" ]
then
     echo Error, must supply dmd version to unpack.
     error=1
else

     filename=~/Download/dmd.$1.zip

     if [ ! -f "$filename" ]