DMD source overview?

jcc7 jccalvarese at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:58:07 PDT 2010

== Quote from Nick Sabalausky (a at a.a)'s article
> "BLS" <windevguy at hotmail.de> wrote in message
> news:i6ohm1$1n1n$1 at digitalmars.com...
> > Nick there was/is a dsource project done by Ben Hinkle (he is
not
> > on the radar anymore) which is enhancing the dmd frontent with
> > output stubs.
> >
> > hth bjoern
>
> I saw that on wiki4d, but the site it linked to seemed to be gone.
> But I've been looking through 2.048's source from main(), and read
> that page about DMD's internals on the D wiki, and I think I
> understand enough now to proceed.

(I assume that you're talking about Ben Hinkle's dmdfe project.)

I don't know what you mean by "gone". As far as I can tell the
project is still there:
 * Trac: http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmdfe,
 * forum: http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=61

It might not be "gone", but it does appear abandoned (the SVN hasn't
been updated in over 3 years). Apparently, Gregor created a branch
for DMD 2.0 at
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/browser/branches/dmdfe-2.0, but
it looks like that effort's SVN repository hasn't been updated in a
couple years, either.

Anyway, this is probably all a moot point as much as DMD (v1 and v2)
has evolved since either of these projects have been synced up with
Walter's official DMD.

Good luck with your project. It sounds interesting.

jcc7