Well, it's been a total failure

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 14:14:22 PDT 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:04:21 -0400, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> Not that anyone here is in charge of your time, I think Andrei's "waste
>> of time" point is that there are better, more productive things you can
>> do for the good of D.  If someone else wants to write this utility,
>> great.  But in the meantime, can we just put in the easy fix?
>
> It's arguable whether the "easy" fix is to write a trivial utility, or
> to rejigger all my build and install scripts.

Not knowing what your build scripts look like, I don't know the answer.
I'm assuming you have some manual work to do because you are building on
several different machines, and I was assuming that due to that fact, the
packaging step was not part of the build steps.  In that case, it would be
a trivial, change package command from running on a windows box to running
on a linux box.

It might be a simple assumption, but I very much doubt you would have to
rejigger *all* your build scripts.

> In any case, it's done. Here it is, it's mostly a cut&paste from another
> zip utility I wrote long ago.

I'm not sure what this does, I really *really* hope it doesn't set the
attrs of all files to a+x.

In any case, if it works, it's done, let's move on (I still prefer
separate packages per OS though).

-Steve