Well, it's been a total failure

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Sep 14 16:12:13 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I might be missing something, but as I mentioned, I fail to see how this
> program serves the packaging process better than the zip utility
> available on Linux.

All the build, install, and test scripts run on windows (using plink to build
things on the other platforms). Writing a script to transfer all the files to
linux, reset the permissions, run zip, copy the results back, etc., will take
longer than just writing that trivial utility. That's what programming languages
are for.