DMD source overview?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Sep 16 12:03:16 PDT 2010

"Danny Wilson" <danny at decube.net> wrote in message
news:op.vi4emf1skxpqx4 at zenix...
> Op Tue, 14 Sep 2010 21:33:37 +0200 schreef Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a>:
>
>> But you do raise a good point. What's the current state of ddmd's
>> front-end?
>> What I have in mind is to just rip out dmd's current backend stuff
>> entirely,
>> maybe even including the toObjFile and toIR methods, or at least big
>> chunks
>> of them, and replace it all with a PHP-generator. (Yea...I'm fairly
>> determined to be able to do as much of my web dev as possible in D.)
>
> What?! No haxe output? I would love D -> Haxe...

I actually thought about that, but it seemed like an excess step, and I
figured I could leverage my experience creating D->PHP to then do a D->Flash
and maybe then D->JS...but...maybe it would be good to start with D->Haxe
just to take care of all of them at once, and only then go about eliminating
the extra step.

What do other people think? If you're interested in D->PHP, or D->Flash,
would you have any problem using Haxe as an intermediate step? Do you
anticipate other potential users would have a problem with that?