A summary of D's design principles

Gary Whatmore no at spam.spam
Fri Sep 17 06:36:39 PDT 2010

retard Wrote:

> Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:38:24 -0400, sybrandy wrote:
>
> > On 09/16/2010 07:04 AM, Simen Kjaeraas wrote:
> >> Here's a draft of something I'd like to see. I like having the ten
> >> commandments, with #0 not really counting. C&C welcome.
>
> FWIW, if you're picking up one of the most used languages out there,
> their list won't differ that much:
>

> >>                            == The D Manifesto ==
> >>
> >> 0. Pragmatism is king.
> >> 13. The straight path is safe and correct.
> >> 14. The crooked path is passable.
>
> Who wants to write impractical code outside the academia?! The concepts
> are way too abstract. Every member of the community has a different idea
> about this.

Rest of the community agrees this. You fail to don't get it. D is a pragmatic language. We design features for pragmatic programs.

* Operating systems kernels
* web servers
* virtual machines, and
* compielers are made in D not Java! There is also no haskell OS! Won't ever coem.

>What I typically see here is "unlike
> dontlikestupid haskell, d is gooooood. haskell hate hate hate. ivory
> tower hate hate. aarrrgh. hate"

Haskell is just stupid. Their waisting they're time! It's brainwash

> So the priorities are
>
> safety > performance > simplicity > expressiveness
>
> Some ML based languages and maybe Scala seem to compete with D here.
> Perhaps also C# and Vala on a state of the art VM.

ML is crap. Its A CS 101 language for noobs. Scala runs on Java machine so its too slow and not native performance. Scala is also hard to understand!

> >> 2. High level where possible, low level where necessary.
> >> 4. Easy things easy, difficult things possible.
> >> 5. Thou shalt not need to write boilerplate code.
> >> 8. User-defined types should not be treated differently.
> > (16) "Concurrency should be easy and safe"?
>
> Most modern languages strive for these.

I call that utter bullshit.

> D developer's IQ > 90 ?

Your IQ is below zero.