TDPL stats

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Sep 17 10:43:44 PDT 2010

On Friday, September 17, 2010 07:16:54 Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Not from me.
>
> I did bought the book and found it a nice reading.
>
> But I cannot find any killer feature in D that would make me switch
> language, at least for the type
> of development of I do.
>
> I imagine there can be many readers out there like me.

D is definitely more pleasant to use than C++ or Java, but it's the summation of
a lot of little things being better rather than there being any particular,
killer feature. The result is that I'd much rather program in D than other
languages such as C++ or Java, but it's hard to convince anyone to switch over.
Too many of the improvements are incremental and not enough are major for them
to be convincing for anyone who hasn't actively developed in D.

- Jonathan M Davis