One more update on d-programming-language.org

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Fri Sep 17 13:34:55 PDT 2010

Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:18:47 +0000, Philippe Sigaud wrote:

> == Quote from retard (re at tard.com.invalid)'s article
>> Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:02:56 +0200, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>
>> > class=&quot;Apple-style-span&quot;<br> &gt;&gt;
>> > color=&quot;#888888&quot;&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/
> (snip that)
> (the horror, the horror!)
>
>> > me.<br><div>Are my messages always this garbled to
>
>> Yes :-)
>
> Sorry for that :(
> That seems to be related to this:
>
> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?
tid=30e43148bffd7e07&hl=en

> What's strange is this Apple- parts the guy also has in his mails. I
> never touched an Apple-related product in my life. I just have no
> incentive to do so. My box is dual-boot linux/windows, so I really don't
> how these come from.
> Maybe it's when I use gmail to reply to someone who posted from an
> iPhone? Seems convoluted to me.
>
> Denis:
>> I believe you can disable html output in gmail settings. Although I see
>> it perfectly fine, mono-width font is a lot better for perception for
>> me.
>
> I much prefer monospace too, and in fact I'm reading all these mails as
> monospace. I also always disable any HTML in my mail clients. Though I
> can't find any gmail option related to this right now.
>
> Oh well, maybe I'll just download a newsreader or something.
>
> Philippe

I think what you're using gets confused when answering to posts with html
content. For example this post works just fine. Only some threads are
broken. It's probably caused by the original html enabled post from some
iPhone. I haven't seen html being used in news before so don't know if my
client is too ancient.