dmd and visual D

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Fri Sep 17 23:41:02 PDT 2010

Vince wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to test last dmd compiler with VisualD (Visual Studio plugin) on
> Windows 7 64 bits.
> I have installed dmd compiler inside C:\Developer\DLang and then started
> Visual to create
> a windows application but when I click on Build I get the following error :
>
> ------ Build started: Project: WindowsApp1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
> Building Debug\WindowsApp1.exe...
> winmain.d(3): Error: module runtime is in file 'core\runtime.d' which cannot
> be read
> import path[0] = C:\Developer\DLang\dmd\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos
> Building Debug\WindowsApp1.exe failed!
> Details saved as "file://C:\Users\Vincent\Documents\Visual Studio
> 2010\Projects\WindowsApp1\Debug\buildlog.html"
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
>
> Any idea

It seems there is an import path missing in the dmd compiler config file
windows\bin\sc.ini. Did you modify it in any way? It should contain

DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\..\src\phobos" "-I%@P%\..\..\src\druntime\import"

which causes

import path[1] =
C:\Developer\DLang\dmd\windows\bin\..\..\src\druntime\import

to be shown for missing imports.