Andrei's Google Talk

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Sep 21 13:55:37 PDT 2010

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> I didn't exactly mean beyond a reasonable doubt, but I think the point
> of not ever looking at or touching another's source is equivalent to
> proof of the contrary, no?  I think they at least have to prove that you
> accessed the code :)  I don't think "because the source is available
> online" is evidence at all, that was my point.  Otherwise, you'd have to
> cancel your internet service just to be safe...

Right, and the source code may even reside on your disk (sheesh, I've got
terabytes of stuff on disks, there may very well be source code to something on
that!). Access is not proof that one looked at it.

It comes down to one's credibility, coupled with absence of other evidence of
copying (like matching source text).