Andrei's Google Talk

Don nospam at nospam.com
Tue Sep 21 19:44:32 PDT 2010

BCS wrote:
> Hello retard,
>
> Just today, I had it pointed out to me that one of the major political
> differences between the US and Europe is that, as a generality,
> Europeans, trust the government more than corporations, where Americans,
> if we trust either, it's the corporations. It stands to reason too; the
> US was populated by the people who didn't like living under European
> governments.

For sure. That's why the US is such a beaurocratic country: if you don't
trust your government, you need a big layer of beaurocracy to add
additional checks.
Interestingly the lack of trust of the government doesn't occur in other
New World countries like Australia -- it seems fairly specific to the US.

 > And just to be complete, need I remind you who was running Germany's
government about 75 years ago?

I don't think that's relevant. The US lack of trust of government is
very much older than that. "The right to bear arms".