Fedora 14 will integrate D into the distribution

klickverbot see at klickverbot.at
Tue Sep 28 08:54:01 PDT 2010

On 9/28/10 5:37 PM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that Fedora will provide D out of the box in their distribution.
>
> But they seem to be providing an old version of it.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/D_Programming
>
> Cheers,
> Paulo

Well, as far as I can tell, it's not exactly an old version – there is
simply no Open Source (in capital letters) compiler for D2, and so they
have to stick with D1 (where there is LDC).

Yes, there would be GDC for D2 too, but even if it has been resurrected
lately, it lags behind DMD more than a few versions…