[contest] Is a Cow an animal ++

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 13:56:07 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 21:59, miasma <_ at freenode.net.via_irc> wrote:

Thanks for the code. It's always interesting to see some Scala!

>    val (a_rabbit2, carrot2) = a_rabbit eat carrot
>    val (a_cow2, grass2) = a_cow eat grass

Ah, but you do not change the state of carrot or grass, or do you?

>    val (a_human4, a_beef2) = a_human3 eat a_beef
> //    a_human6 eat a_beef2

Same remark: a_beef doesn't change state. I understood the challenge as catching

a_human3 eat a_beef
a_human6 eat a_beef

At compile-time. a_beef was eaten once, you cannot eat it again.

If doing state passing like this is authorized, I might be doable
doing 11/11 with D, at the type level.

Philippe