Is the world coming to an end?

ulrik.mikaelsson at gmail.com ulrik.mikaelsson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:00:51 PDT 2011

About time someone dropped the 0777-nonsense. The least common digit-base
should not easily be invoked "by accident".

However:

> I don't like the "octal!" a lot, I prefer a syntax like the Python3 one,
> but Walter never stops moving himself forward :-)

I too was just about to ask why on earth "octal!" instead of 0o (and I
didn't know about Python3).

Sure, I think it's nice and clean language-wise to implement it as a
template-function, but if so the same should go for 0b and 0x? Are they too
deprecated in D2?