Python-indentation (Was: Re: Is the world coming to an end?)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Apr 2 18:01:08 PDT 2011

> > PS I don't want to say every of Python's decisions is wrong. Many of them
> > are great (but defenitely not significant intendation).

There's a large difference between Python and D design process: Python devs discuss ideas about possible designs, even for days, and then the most preferred one is chosen. Only in uncommon cases, when there is no consensus, Guido chooses (like in the "X if P else Y" syntax). This, and the care they give to that process (they believe that good syntax matters), produce a language that's very well designed (despite some flaws).

Bye,
bearophile