[GSoC] Container proposals by Ishan and Christian

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 14:48:14 PDT 2011

On 04/03/2011 11:23 PM, Matthias Pleh wrote:
> So there comes 2 ideas to my mind:
>

> - Abstraction Layer for OS independent (Win/Linux/OSX/?) GUI development
>    * Just basic structures/functions/classes for Window creation,
>    event handling, ...
>    This could be used not only by a Standard-D-Gui-library,
>    but also by other Gui-libraries for D

Do you mean something analog to the database-access interface project, but for
GUI? (Meaning a standard GUI-programming interface for D.)
If yes, I find this *very* interesting, and certainly highly useful for the
language. However, it may be somewhat complicated (but that's the charm of it
;-) because of differences of design in existing GUI frameworks, of the the
bigger complexity of GUI programming on the other; and there may be no prior work.

> - Design of a OS independent GUI-toolkit
>    * class-diagramm, basicstuctures, ...

A fairly big project, I guess! (even for a toy...)

Denis