[GSoC] Container proposals by Ishan and Christian

Matthias Pleh matthias at none.net
Sun Apr 3 15:11:38 PDT 2011

On 2011-04-03 23:48, spir wrote:
> (Meaning a standard GUI-programming interface for D.)

Yes, exactly! Just a really small Api to abstract the OS.
- Application -> as a representation for the process
- Window -> create, show, hide
- Canvas/Image -> to draw on
+ No buttons/textbox or other widgets, this would be part of the higher
level
   (some GUI's on this basic API could use native controls / others may
draw it itself / or draw it with GPU ...

I mean, there were several attempts to create a GUI, each with a
different approach, and most of them are unfinished and abandoned.
This could be a base for all GUI's

 > A fairly big project, I guess! (even for a toy...)

It haven't to be complete. Just a start, with the most important corner
cases.

- Matthias