[GSoC] Container proposals by Ishan and Christian

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sun Apr 3 18:47:09 PDT 2011

On 2011-04-03 18:11:38 -0400, Matthias Pleh <matthias at none.net> said:

> On 2011-04-03 23:48, spir wrote:
>> (Meaning a standard GUI-programming interface for D.)
>
> Yes, exactly! Just a really small Api to abstract the OS.
> - Application -> as a representation for the process
> - Window -> create, show, hide
> - Canvas/Image -> to draw on
> + No buttons/textbox or other widgets, this would be part of the higher level
>    (some GUI's on this basic API could use native controls / others may
> draw it itself / or draw it with GPU ...

I wouldn't build a GUI on top of that, but having a standard way to
open a window and draw things in it would be great for prototyping
algorithms or to make simple data visualization programs, or just make
it fun to learn programming.

I did something similar for C++ at the request of a professor as a
summer project when I was at the university...

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/