deprecation of "complex" floating point types

Don nospam at nospam.com
Sun Apr 3 19:34:57 PDT 2011

Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 14:33:02 +0000, Francisco Almeida wrote:
>
>> == Quote from Moritz Warning (moritzwarning at web.de)'s article
>>> I assume they will be deprecated when a library replacement is feasible
>>> and implemented.
>> I thought that the implementation of std.complex was already adequate?
>
> It is supposed to be, at least. :)  If it's not, I'd very much like to
> know what's wrong or missing.
>
> -Lars

It can't happen until more work is done on the compiler's treatment of
opEquals().

Note that there will be a large amount of work in removing it from the
compiler. Moving AAs from the compiler to the runtime was horrific in
terms of the subtle regressions it caused -- and it already used runtime
calls for every operation it supported. Complex will be much, much worse.