New look & feel for std.algorithm

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Apr 3 23:10:56 PDT 2011

On 2011-04-03 22:58, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> There were also a number of bugs on www.d-programming-language.org,
> which David Gileadi kindly took care of. Please take a look at
> www.digitalmars.com and let me know if you find any issues. In
> particular, we've discussed a while ago the new look and feel of
> std.algorithm, which will serve as an example for later modules. This is
> the current form:
> http://d-programming-language.org/phobos-prerelease/std_algorithm.html

It looks good overall, but I'd suggest making the section headings stand out
more. As it is, I completely missed them while looking over the list and was
about to suggest that putting them in alphabetical order would be a good idea
- and then I noticed the section headings. Granted, I was more or less
skimming the text rather than reading it carefully, but even if I look for the
section headers, they just don't stand out.

A larger space between sections would help, and perhaps the headings' font
should be larger. An actual line around the section header instead of just a
slight coloring of blue would be a definite help as well.

Maybe there's a better way to make the section headers stand out than that,
but as it stands, they don't stand out. So, I'd suggest doing something which
makes them stand out more. Overall though, the table looks good.

- Jonathan M Davis