New look & feel for std.algorithm

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Mon Apr 4 10:24:04 PDT 2011

> http://d-programming-language.org/phobos-prerelease/std_algorithm.html

It looks nice, but I think the font is very hard to read. For example I
can hardly read the function listing at the top. Compare this:

http://d-programming-language.org/phobos-prerelease/std_algorithm.html

To this:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Enumerable.html

(note that it's *not* because I like ruby, it's just that I find the
second one much more readable).

Also notice in the documentation in Ruby each function/method has a gray
header that clearly shows where a function starts and ends. Apparently
in the documentation for D no style is applied to the function/method at
all, making it hard to distinguish from its description.

So comparing the two sites, in Ruby I can see:
   * The module description is clearly separated from everything else (a
gray rectangle with the text)
   * *Then* comes the method listing in a nice and readble font
   * The come the functions, each one having a well distinguished header

In the D site I can see a waterfall of text, it's very hard to note the
structure at all.