Code example on www.d-programming-language.org?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Apr 4 15:02:39 PDT 2011

Andrei:

> Clearly finding a good example with such conflicting requirements is not
> easy and there's no need to restate that. If it were easy I would've
> done it. What is needed is an example that successfully finds the sweet
> spot.

In my opinion what I have explained in my answer is not obvious stuff, seeing how many solutions/programmers on Rosettacode fail.

My point was that in my opinion there is no such single example that satisfies your requests, and that your requests are bad. If you put too much stuff in a single example, the result is not what I will call a good example for very public D code. So you have to put only a limited amount of stuff in the example, or you have to show more than one example.

If you want a single example, the second on Wikipedia is the one I like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_language#Example_2

Bye,
bearophile