Forking phobos

Jens Mueller jens.k.mueller at gmx.de
Mon Apr 4 15:25:55 PDT 2011

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 18:31:12 -0400, Jens Mueller
> <jens.k.mueller at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >Thank you. I'm doing it right now. It works.
> >
> >Sean Kelly wrote:
> >>You'll need to build DMD from source. A change was checked in
> >>the other day that requires it.
> >>

> Please note, the last time I checked, dmd is built in debug mode by
> default.  Not sure if this has changed, but if you are getting weird
> extraneous message, that's probably why.
>
> I think you have to do make release, or something like that.

Looking at the output of
$ make -f linux.mak
and inside linux.mak it seems that is not a debug build.
But thanks anyway.

I needed to build 64 bit because my Linux ships no 32-bit libcurl and I
don't want to build that as well. I had to add a symbolic link from
libcurl.so.4 to libcurl.so. Don't know why it wasn't there. It should
have, shouldn't it.

BTW I see --- std.regex(3443) broken test ---
The code is
unittest
{
// DAC: This doesn't create the file before running the test!
pragma(msg, " --- std.regex("~ __LINE__.stringof ~") broken test --- ");
/+
    string tmp = "/tmp/deleteme";
    std.file.write(tmp, "1 abc\n2 defg\n3 hijklm");
    auto t = loadFile!(uint, string)(tmp, regex("([0-9])+ +(.+)"));
    //writeln(t);
    assert(t[0] == tuple(1, "abc"));
    assert(t[1] == tuple(2, "defg"));
    assert(t[2] == tuple(3, "hijklm"));
+/
}

I do not understand that comment. I ran this test by commenting in the
code and it worked.

Jens