GUI library for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Apr 4 18:36:51 PDT 2011

"Daniel Gibson" <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:inddni$kmi$3 at digitalmars.com...

> I don't know if wee need yet another GUI library.
> Are you sure Qt and DWT aren't good enough?

AIUI:

DWT doesn't support D2 (neither does wxD).

QtD requires a patched DMD, MinGW (which is fucking god-awful), and cmake (I
have to let some variant of "make" touch my computer? Why can't we just let
make die?). And it requires running your code through a preprocessor.

And none of those have actual API documentation, they just refer to the
C/C++ docs. I use D because I never want to look at another line of C++ as
long as I live.

Everything else is either non-native or non-cross-platform.

The state of GUIs in D right now is pretty awful, unfortunately. My plate's
already overpacked (think: teenager at a one-trip buffet), but maybe I'll
see if I can squeeze in enough extra time (hah! there's a concept I've
completely lost all memory of) to try to help out on something. After all, I
*really* want to get around to making my own web browser (based off either
Mozilla or Chromium) - I'm getting really fed up with the current state of
available web browsers. Well, and the web as a whole (god I fucking hate the
web), but one step at a time, I guess).