GUI library for D

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Apr 4 19:01:57 PDT 2011

On 2011-04-04 21:46:08 -0400, "Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> said:

> "Michel Fortin" <michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote in message
> news:indr8m$qfc$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> On 2011-04-04 19:55:44 -0400, Adam Ruppe <destructionator at gmail.com> said:
>>
>>> The reason I wrote it was that I really miss the simplicity of DOS
>>> programming, where with just a few lines of inline asm, you have
>>> a dead-simple video buffer to play with.
>>
>> Indeed. Today you generally have to pile up a lot of GUI code just to be
>> able to draw a square; all the simplicity is lost and portability is hard.
>
> Even with SDL's D bindings?

Don't know. What is the minimal code you have to write to open a window
and draw a square with SDL?

Also, you have to download the library and link to it and keep the
dynamic library around with the compiled program, which is some more
hassle.

But you're right that SDL comes pretty close.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/