GUI library for D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:37:40 PDT 2011

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Even with SDL's D bindings?

Yea, even SDL is pretty far from as nice as DOS was. But, it isn't
too bad. D's bindings are identical to C's, but with things like
scope guard, it's a lot easier to use.

Long before D2 was around, I made a little game library in D1 using
SDL and OpenGL. Was able to whip up a Pong in about 100 lines and
a RTS in ~8000!

But, that library forced a certain style on you. Make a class with
a method that's called once per frame. You simply do a scope
painter class and draw your stuff.

Pretty cool. I'm hoping to clean it up and port to D2 eventually,
but I haven't had time to write games for a long time now.