GUI library for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Apr 4 20:23:17 PDT 2011

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ine114$14ar$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Looking at the pages that are there for QtD, and the source
>> browser, I'm honestly not sure how to even get started with it.
>
> Somewhere, there was a binary distribution with the needed .libs..
> I don't remember where, but I think I still have a copy on my
> other laptop (not available right now though).
>
> Note that the duic for Qt Designer files apparently is behind
> some changes - it won't work right. Gotta write straight D yourself.
>
> But, you install it however, the process on the site I think works
> but it takes a little while.
>
> Anyway, here's a hello world I just whipped up with some comments
> to keep in mind - stuff that took me hours to figure out...

Thanks.

> The compile line looks like this on Linux:
> dmd
> hello.d -I/usr/local/include/d -L-L/usr/local/lib -L-lqtdgui -L-lqtdcore
> -L-lcpp_core -L-lcpp_gui -L-lQtGui -L-lQtCore

Hmm, I really wish DMD had a cmdline param to specify a library to be passed
to the linker rather than needing to use "-L". Makes it impossible to write
a cross-platform DMD command for anything that requires linking to a lib.

Should "pragma(lib, nameoflib);" work, or was that just a special thing in
bu(il)d?

> Note it takes a few seconds to compile. Pretty slow for D.

Psshh. Compiling DDMD takes a minute or two. I can live with a few seconds
:)

> It's similar on Windows, but since I don't have my win laptop
> available right now I don't quite remember what it was exactly.
>
> Anyway, the program:

Thanks. That should help. It does seem that QtD could *really* use some
D-ification, though. Like arrays of delegates instead of signals/slots. And
properties instead of the get*/set* functions that trigger my flashbacks of
Java.