GUI library for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Apr 5 00:08:40 PDT 2011

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.3178.1301970383.4748.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On 4/5/11, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
>> After all, I
>> *really* want to get around to making my own web browser (based off
>> either
>> Mozilla or Chromium) - I'm getting really fed up with the current state
>> of
>> available web browsers. Well, and the web as a whole (god I fucking hate
>> the
>> web), but one step at a time, I guess).
>
> I'll be the first to install it.
>
> Btw, there's a full web browser example in the QtD sources. But it has
> to be ported to D2. And then you have to deal with any eventual bugs
> along the way. :]

Ha! I may not need to do much after all: I was just looking through
Wikipedia's giant list of browsers, found a few that looked potentially
promising, tried them all and...well, was mostly disappointed. But the
*last* one I had left to try I've been really impressed with so far:

Arora (Qt/WebKit)
http://code.google.com/p/arora/

I've only tried it breifly, but the UI is *actually nice*! Only modern
browser out there with a UI that isn't absolutely horrid. I didn't even see
*one* instance of invisible-text on my light-on-dark system, which is
unbeleivavly rare among all software these days.

And it has a lot of essential stuff built in, like ad blocking, disableable
JS, and a "ClickToFlash" which I haven't tried out yet. There's still a few
things it seems like it might be missing, like equivalents to NoScript,
BetterPrivacy and maybe DownloadHelper and DownThemAll, but most of those
are less important to me, and even as it is right now it's a damn good
start. Maybe I could add some of that remaining stuff, or heck, maybe even
port the whole thing to D ;)