GSoC-2011 project:: Containers

Ishan Thilina ishanthilina at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 07:44:48 PDT 2011

-Steve wrote:

>There are several problems with your code.
>
>I'd recommend not putting your code in std.container at first.  It will be
>easier to deal with, because people will know which code you wrote and
>also it will be better when posting code for questions.

Yes, sorry for that :).

>I see two problems right off the bat:
>
>1. your Range!T has two definitions for @property void front(T value)
>2. Range!T uses Node, which has no definition.

Rectified, but I still face problems.

>I'm guessing you meant Range!T to be a part of Queue?  I'm not sure what
>you are doing exactly, because there are no usages of Queue in your code
>(i.e. it compiles because none of your templates are instantiated).  If
>you want Range to be part of Queue, put it inside the definition of
>Queue.  It will make things easier, and not pollute the namespace.
>Range!T is not a good name to put in the global namespace.

Yes, I want Range!T to be a part of the Queue. It's a forward range that allows to
iterate through he contents of the Queue.

I still have the original problem I had. I get this error when I try to compile.

"
/home/ishan/D/1.d(184): Error: no property 'opCall' for type 'test.Queue!(int).Queue'
"

What is this 'opCall' property? Is it something related to the instantiating a
container?

Below is the link for the new source code. It is much easier to read than the
previously uploaded one ;).

http://www.filejumbo.com/Download/0879EB4AAC636C75