[GSOC] Database API draft proposal

Christian Manning cmanning999 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:43:31 PDT 2011

> On 4/3/11 3:33 PM, Christian Manning wrote:
>> On 03/04/2011 19:30, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> * What coursework did you complete? As a second-year student this makes
>>> it easier for us to assess where you are in terms of expertise. Scores
>>> would help as well.
>>
>> By this do you mean you'd like to see my completed courseworks? Or just
>> descriptions and scores (where available)?
>
> Description and score.
>
> Andrei

Ok, here are the ones I have available.

Internet Software Development:
- XSLT/JSP: 91%
- JSP/MySQL: 70%+ (preliminary grade given in demo)

OO Software Design & Development:
- Data model: 83.33%
- Jetman (create a score + high score system and a configuration panel,
MVC style): 80% (preliminary given in demo)

Database Design & Implementation:
- Data Modelling assignment (ERD, normalisation and the like): 69.17%
- Database implementation (of the solution to the previous, in Oracle):
not yet marked.

Data Structures & Algorithms:
- Circular doubly linked list with cursor in C: not yet marked.

The only one I can find from last year is a caesar cipher in Haskell: 98%

Sorry about the unmarked ones, these were very recent, but I hope the
rest helps.

Chris