DWT2

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:51:08 PDT 2011

On 4/5/11, Paulo Pinto <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote:
> Most Java developers do.
>
> I code mostly in Java and really hate when I see code like this, but somehow
> the
> pattern of using anonymous classes in-place for event handlers has got into
> the mind
> of many developers.
>
> You will find thousands of such examples when searching for Java GUI
> examples, either
> in SWT or Swing.

Maybe these were just a plain conversion from Java to D. I wouldn't
want newcomers to D to feel scared about using a GUI library due to
harry examples like these. I'm sure we could do better!

I'll play around with DWT these days, and see if I can get some better
examples rolling. These existing examples aren't all that much
impressive (although it seems not all of them compiled, so maybe
there's better ones).

@Jacob:
I'll report these to the tracker, no problem.