GUI library for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Apr 5 14:20:53 PDT 2011

"Daniel Gibson" <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:infvsb$6bn$2 at digitalmars.com...
> Am 05.04.2011 22:49, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
>> "Daniel Gibson" <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:infu1q$6bn$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> Probably the "Awesomebar".. the feature in FF3+ that searches all
>>> visisted URLs (and the page titles) for the word you type into the
>>> URL-bar (and not just completes URLs like before).
>>> http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2008/04/21/a-little-something-awesome-about-firefox-3/
>>>

>> Yea, it's also really, really ugly.
>>

> "We didn't have it in the 90s so we don't need it now" :P

We didn't have D in the 90's, and I may very well have abandoned programming
had I not come across it.

> However: The awesomebar search feature can be deactivated with
> browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped = false in about:config and the old look
> can be brought back with
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/oldbar/ .

matchOnlyTyped only affects part of the changed behavior, and I already have
to have way too damn many "addons" (read: "third party hacks") just to make
FF usable. Fuck, am I really *expected* to like or put up with something
just people other people like it? Forget the 90's, this is "1984".