GUI library for D

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 15:01:26 PDT 2011

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 17:15:21 -0400, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:

> "Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:op.vthgdrtueav7ka at steve-laptop...
>> On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 16:49:00 -0400, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
>>
>>> "Daniel Gibson" <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:infu1q$6bn$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> Yea, it's also really, really ugly.
>>
>> You just like swimming upstream, don't you :)
>>
>> I personally cannot live without that firefox feature, and when it stops
>> working (which happens from time to time), I'm pissed.
>>

> The thing is, it's idiotic to make changes like that non-optional.
> There's a
> *lot* of people who hate it.

All the posts I've seen (searching for hate awesome bar) talk about how it
does not find the links you type in, it only finds lots of other stuff you
don't want.

I think they have fixed a lot of those problems.  It seems to 99% of the
time find what I want.  It seems to find quite high on the list links
where I type a portion of the address, which I believe is what FF2 used to
do.

Opera's equivalent to the awesome bar, on the other hand, is next to
useless.  So I can see how people would have hated it if it was like that
originally.

For example, I sometimes want to post a link in my news post to a prior
post.  In order to do this, I want to fire up webnews from
digitalmars.com.  I figure typing in webnews would come up with the link,
but opera doesn't.  If I type in digitalmars, then it's on the list, but
not the first one.

In firefox, it's the first link when I type in webnews.

-Steve