Settings in CodeBlocks -- D Language

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Apr 6 00:08:51 PDT 2011

David Wang wrote:
> ==============
> My understanding is that Code::Blocks only supports code
> completion for D because their fuzzy C++ parser can sometimes
> parse D successfully, and that they don't plan to support D
> directly. Has this changed?
> ==============
>
> Acturally everytime when CodeBlocks parses D will be failed.  :(
>
> And for there is no code developer of CodeBlocks using and familar
> with D Language, so the support for D will stop here and there's
> no further plan in a time.

This was discussed earlier on the Code::Blocks forum, too:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12246.0.html
It should still "work" with D and GDC, but will need to be
developed and extended further to better support D2 and DMD.

> So, if someone be kindly and have the ability to modify the
> CodeBlocks source code (svn checkout
> http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/codeblocks/trunk), will be a
> great help in extending D's IDE for cross-platform area.
> (CodeBlocks supports Linux, Windows, OS X, FreeBSD, etc.)

Basically the first step is to introduce a "D" language,
since it currently only knows C/C++... (The D support is
treating itself like a "strange variant of a C++ compiler")
Then write lexing/codecompletion/wizard code to handle it.

--anders