i like cakes

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Wed Apr 6 08:47:25 PDT 2011

> One thing that I find a bit odd is that Walter and I need to do most of
> this all by ourselves, although there's significant pressure for us to
> do many other things for D. For example, after having suggested that the
> GTK+ news is shared on reddit and after having seen that not one soul
> cares to do that, I posted the article myself, followed up with
> moderators (twice) when it was manipulated into deletion, and made sure
> the article was reinstated.
>
> Speaking of GtkD, I have difficulty understanding someone who is
> confident and persistent enough to carry through a major piece of work,
> yet refuses to take a simple step towards letting others know about it.
> Also, I get a good chuckle when seeing the occasional "I'm ready to do
> anything, how can I help D?" thread on digitalmars.D. Such is human nature.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't post a link to reddit, or any similar
site, because I don't read/use one, thus I'm not even familiar with the
specifics of how the site works, it's environment and culture. Actually
the only generic (and technical) news website I follow is Slashdot. I
haven't yet felt motivated to read Reddit (for D or otherwise) or any
other similar site.
I'm not saying this is the best approach, even for me personally, nor
that Reddit is not popular or important, I agree it likely is. But I
just haven't found Reddit or some other site or site usage that works
for me, that I feel interested in following. And thus I wouldn't be very
comfortable participating in such a site as producer only (posting
links), but not a consumer (following feeds?).

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer