GUI library for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Apr 6 12:16:51 PDT 2011

"Lutger Blijdestijn" <lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:inhp3g$25jq$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>

>> Ha! I may not need to do much after all: I was just looking through
>> Wikipedia's giant list of browsers, found a few that looked potentially
>> promising, tried them all and...well, was mostly disappointed. But the
>> *last* one I had left to try I've been really impressed with so far:
>>
>> Arora (Qt/WebKit)
>> http://code.google.com/p/arora/
>>
>> I've only tried it breifly, but the UI is *actually nice*! Only modern
>> browser out there with a UI that isn't absolutely horrid. I didn't even
>> see *one* instance of invisible-text on my light-on-dark system, which is
>> unbeleivavly rare among all software these days.
>>
>> And it has a lot of essential stuff built in, like ad blocking,
>> disableable JS, and a "ClickToFlash" which I haven't tried out yet.
>> There's still a few things it seems like it might be missing, like
>> equivalents to NoScript, BetterPrivacy and maybe DownloadHelper and
>> DownThemAll, but most of those are less important to me, and even as it
>> is
>> right now it's a damn good start. Maybe I could add some of that
>> remaining
>> stuff, or heck, maybe even port the whole thing to D ;)
>
> Even it it would involve looking at C++ code?

Heh :) Yea, well, versus coding a whole browser from scratch that included
all the features I'd want... Even using premade rendering and JS engines
(which I definitely would have done), that still leaves a lot of work.

> Did you know Arora *is* the Qt webbrowser example that got out of control
> and became a real browser? (it uses webkit)

Yea, I noticed that on Arora's project page. Pretty cool.

> iirc QtD has a sizeable chunk of that example already ported to D.

I'm really interestng in looking at that now. I wonder how much of a split
there is between that and the current Arora.