GUI library for D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:38:09 PDT 2011

I'm snipping a bit since we're on the same page.

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Yea. I see. I wonder if OpenGL's SetPixel was inlined.

Note my mistake: SetPixel is GDI. I got it mixed up in my brain.

>  Did you say this would ideally be something for Phobos?

Yes, I hope so. It'll be nice for D if newbies can dive right into
this stuff out of the box.

> And along the NES/SNES lines, I've always been a huge sucker for
> DOS VGA/EGA gaming.

Another great thing was all you could do with the text mode, like
Walter's Empire DOS version.

That oem character set with the 80x25 cell display, 16 color
palette.. and, of course, the blink bit could go incredibly far
in making a nice little game board.

> You'd probably need DOSBox for all of them these days.

DOS programs are one reason why I was so reluctant to get into the
64 bit bandwagon. I eventually caved in a few months ago when
my old motherboard gave up the magic smoke, but I really didn't
want to lose native 16 bit ability!

DOSBox does the job, but I've always found it hard to use compared
to the "real" thing.