[GSoC Proposal draft] High-Level Networking

Jonas Drewsen jdrewsen at nospam.com
Thu Apr 7 04:11:40 PDT 2011

On 07/04/11 00.32, Max Klyga wrote:
> OK, I've absorbed enough informtion to transform my thoughts in the
> second proposal draft.
> I'll be posting it direcltly to GSoC website and correct it, if necessary.
>
> Proposal is situated here:
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/neku42/1
>
> Comments
> are welcome.

Seems good to me. Some comments:

You mention that a reactor will probably be used for implementing the
proactor. On windows it really doesn't make sense to do this it think.
Instead overlapped IO should be used since it maps very well with the
proactor pattern. I also suggest that you specify which OSes you will
make support for. If that is only e.g. linux then building on reactors
is the right way to go as you've planned.

/Jonas